Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reflection by Anthony Schifitto

Today was like a day in Rochester.  The sky was cloudy and the weather was more indecisive than me.  Today started with unfortunate events and slight disappointment but ended on a positive note.  At about three in the morning, both Taylor and I suffered from some sort of unpleasant stomach and digestive annoyance.  At the construction site, both the brothers that had been working with us on the previous days, were not there, sadly, for different reasons.  I felt at the beginning, that the day was counterproductive, boring, and slow.  There seemed to be an overall lack of enthusiasm compared to yesterday, which was a quite a exciting and eventful day.  But as the day progressed so did the house, as we began frame walls and install sub-flooring.  By the end of our work, I felt like our outlook had become much more positive, we had visual progression and it did not rain that much. So far this week has been an experience I do not regret, as I have learned more about building, the environments and area where these homes and families are located and more about the other classmates on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment