Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reflection from Aaron Taggart

We started off the day by heading over to another Habitat project a few blocks away to take the staircases from the house. The house is being demolished because the city decided that it wants to build a car bridge over the near-by railroad tracks. It infuriates me that someone was forced to leave their home because the city wants to construct a fancy road. However, it also provides the opportunity for reuse because those staircases would have otherwise gone to waste. Now the staircases will be placed in the house we are working on which was decimated by a fire a few years ago.
As a senior, I regret not going on a service trip earlier. Not only am I building new and strong friendships with my fellow classmen, but I am learning a lot about myslef. Today I learned that I am not comfortable with heights when all I have to stand on are two cross beams ten feet above the floor.

So far, the trip has been amazing and I am sure that the next three days will be equally as awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment