Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Reflection by Marc Torchio

Today was a total rollercoaster ride, with its ups and downs. We get to the work site and a bit of surprise were on our faces as we see a swarm of old guys come walking (slowly) toward us. They were nice, and enjoyable to work with. A bit stand offish at times, however I was told that they were snickering at my skills with a hammer. I must confess I missed the nail head 70% of the time. But we did see a lot of physical improvement today, which was reassuring for all of us. Later the group was split and half of us helped to stake a community garden. It was a very mellow activity. We laid in the long grass, talking about college and making fun of our group dud.


Then in the distance I heard a man’s cry for two strong boys, and then and there I knew my strength was needed, because I am of course the strongest in the group. So I helped him bring a 325 lb!!! TV to head quarters along with a stove and another smaller TV. We got back, read some of my book, and watched a little TV. Again, today had its up’s and its down’s, which I would very much like to experience in reality(a rollercoaster) at Hershey park which is only a couple miles away, but no… I’m the only one who wants to go. Other than that, this trip has been enjoyable; I’ve grown closer to my friends and got to know people I never thought I’d get a long with. It’s been a great trip, and I hope to finish it off in a bang tomorrow our last full day in Lebanon, Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment